Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Too Close...Almost

Friday night I had nothing planned. I was just going to sit in my backyard and watch the Brewer Game. As I was watching the game, they mentioned that they would be having fireworks after the game. I considered going down to see the display, mainly because it is all of a 10 minute bike ride to get to the stadium. Plus I had nothing else planned for the remainder of the evening. After a big 7th inning by the Brewers, it appeared that they had the game under control and I prepared to head down to the stadium. I did a little riding around the parking lots and identified where they were lighting the fireworks off from. As you might be able to see from the map. The fireworks were set up in the west corner of the Uecker Lot. I was originally sitting in the grassy area between the Uecker and Yount lots. Then I remembered about the Hank Arron bike trail. It follows the river and goes under the bridge right by where they were to light off the fireworks. I jumped on my bike, hit the trail and had the best viewing location of anyone in the place.I took this shot of Miller Park from my vantage point.Then the fireworks started. I was so close that I couldn't get the whole firework in any of the pictures I took. Not only that, but I was directly under them. In fact after 5 minutes my neck got sore from looking straight up. So I just layed down on the bike trial.As you can see from this video, you see how close I am to the place where they set up.

I know that video doesn't do this display justice. But trust me it was loud. And when the grand finale started, I could feel my chest vibrating as the explosions continued. Fireworks are like a concert, the closer you are to them, the better they are. These were incredible.



I know this invitation will fall on deaf ears, but you should come with me next year, if they do the fireworks again.

2 comments:

Bubs said...

I will bring little P!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm
definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to
new updates.

my web-site Go to the top of the page