Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Camping Part 2

Jay made it out Friday and stayed until Saturday afternoon.Friday night we had some rain and put a picnic table into a tent and played some cards.It wasn't the warmest trip to the island. And the river water was as cold as I can remember. In fact I didn't do my annual swim across the river. I spent a total of about 10 minutes in the water for the 2 showers I took. Here is Nate #2 getting ready to take the jet ski out while wearing a hoodie. But that is better than on Saturday when all he wore was a towel and just a towel all day. We all hoped he would fall but he didn't.The trebuchet cocked and loaded. One issue was that the bottom of the counterweight started to rip out. I never even got the bucket half full of sand. Meaning more weight could be added which would result in the projectile going further. The counterweight has already been mentally redesigned. I plan on getting a launch in at my parents house this winter when I can use snow to fill the counterweight.Here is Nate with his new camping toilet. He didn't use it right there, but went further to the woods.Here is a Milk Gallon with water in it. The trebuchet was calibrated from something a bit lighter and therefore the jug went straight up in the air. You can see Nate predicts that he will go back into the woods.

You can't see the projectile, but you can hear the reaction of my fellow campers.

No comments: