Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Zack

This past Saturday I had a line up of 2 football games and 1 soccer game that my nephews were playing in. It was not a good day for any of them. Zack lost 8-0, Jared lost 35-0 and Nick lost in soccer 14-0. I don't recall ever losing by double digits in outdoor soccer.
Here are some pictures from Zack's game. He is #52. I don't think he is in first picture.
This is a pretty cool picture, the teams lined up just before the snap, with the scoreboard and flag in the background. Oh and also in the background is Zack's coach who doesn't give equal playing time to all of the players. Stay classy.I was not only watching games all day but also around parents all day. I am so glad that I do not have to get involved with all of the politics that go along with kids playing sports today. Things are much different then in my day. My parents had always told me and my brothers that if we wanted to play sports, not to expect them to be at every game. And we were at times not to expect rides to games and practices. As a kid I can recall walking to many practices and games from my parent's house to the high school. My parents didn't have time for all of that, they were too busy working to put a roof over our heads and food on the table. While it sucked at the time, it helped to define who I have grown up to become and appreciate all that I now have.

One final note for day. Happy Birthday to my nephew, Zack. If my memory serves me correct, Zack is 12 years old today. Don't be in a rush to grow up, enjoy these days now, because things get complicated in a hurry.