Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DMB Back to Back

Yep I was down in Chicago this past weekend for the Dave Matthews Band concerts at Wrigley Field. I went to the shows with my friends, Liquid and Myra. Maybe I am getting old, but the two girls came out the gate much harder than me on the first night. I will say one thing for Liquid and Myra, they can party.
According to my records, these were shows 29 and 30 for me. I often get asked why I go to both shows. "Don't they play the same songs?" Nope. Here are the two setlists
Friday Night
One Sweet World
Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel
Funny The Way It Is
Lying In The Hands Of God
Crush
Burning Down The House (Talking Heads Cover)
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
Shake Me Like A Monkey
Write A Song
Dancing Nancies
Why I Am
You and Me
Sister
Don't Drink The Water
Everyday
Ants Marching

Encore:
Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young Cover)
Watchtower (with Stairway to Heaven)

Saturday Night
You Might Die Trying
Stay or Leave
Seven
Crash Into Me
#41
Tripping Billies
Digging A Ditch
Squirm
Gravedigger
Spaceman
Stay
Can't Stop
Grey Street
Jimi Thing
Time Bomb
Two Step

Encore:
Christmas Song
Corn Bread
Last Stop

As you can see, they didn't repeat one song.

I have been to a number of shows in Chicago. But Wrigley was pretty cool to be at. I actually didn't have very good seats. I was actually suppose to be in the upper deck for both shows. However due to my shifty ways I managed to get myself in the field general admission seats. What can I say, it is a gift. I now have the Chicago sports arena hat trick. I have set foot on Soldier Field around the 30 yard line, mid court of the United Center and now in center field of Wrigley Field. I even made a point of touching the ivy on my way out of the stadium.
I was reasonably close the second night. I took a couple of pictures. Then I saw a guy next to me with a much better camera who was getting better pictures. I gave him my business card and asked him to send me some pictures. I haven't received them yet. But I also didn't see my business card on the ground after the show.
Highlights of the shows: The first night was the encore. A Neil Young cover (maybe he will play that at Farm Aid in two weeks) And then Watchtower, which halfway through the song they went into Stairway to Heaven and then back into Watchtower. That was something special that I have never seen before. Although I was able to find it on Youtube played before.
The second night highlight was easily, Jimi Thing into Time Bomb into Two Step. In fact I have some video of Two Step..