Friday, January 14, 2011

A Girlfriend?

How about something juicy for a Friday? Well not really. Back in mid-December my sister-in-law, Julie's, mother and loyal blog reader, Annie, got me the number of a girl she thought that I might be interested in. While talking to Annie during Christmas, she talked this girl up quite a bit and even though I am fairly negative about getting in a relationship, I thought I would give it a shot because what else do I real have to do with my time. So I actually called this girl up one night. I only talked to her for a minute because she said that she was running out the door and had a tanning appointment, but she did say that she would call me back in an hour. At press time, she has still yet to return my call. I talked to Annie since and she said that I should try calling her back. But I am not going to do it. I have known Annie for a long time, and I am fairly certain that she talked me up to this girl, giving her no reason to think that I am anything but a white knight on his steed. And with phone technology, there is no way she lost my number. I have known a lot of girls, and check me if I am wrong, but if a girl is truly or for that matter, even remotely interested, she would have gotten back to me by now. I think there is at least one or two girls that visit my blog. Tell me I am wrong.

2 comments:

Bubs said...

Enough time has probably passed that she probably thinks it's too late to get back to you. She probably forgot, and maybe just felt funny about calling you out of the blue.

I would give her one more call. If she has another "tanning appointment" though, I wouldn't call her back again.

Anonymous said...

I would have Annie pay for a Limo to pick you and the princess up, take you to a nice dinner and then see where the relationship goes. I talked to Gordy and he is all for it as well. Forget the phone and jump right in!