Friday, January 07, 2011

Jota's House

Here are some pictures that I took while I was helping Jay this past weekend. This is the front of the house.

They are still in the process of moving in, some of the stuff got moved this past weekend, which made it a lot of fun to work around everything, especially when you wanted to put quarter round along all of the baseboards with boxes stacked up against the walls. This is the dining-room.

Jay gutted the entire bathroom. Well almost. When I first got there on Thursday Jay told me he was debating about what to do with the existing bathtub. It is an old cast iron tub and it is in serious need of some cleaning, although I don’t think it will ever get truly clean. I told Jay, “If you are going to screw the pooch, screw it good. That tub has to go. Otherwise if you put new bright white tub surround walls in, it is going to make that tub look that much dirtier.” I almost had Jay convinced to get rid of the tub when Shelly stopped by. Her reaction to getting rid of the tub, “Absolutely not, I hate all of the new plastic showers. What I really want is a claw foot tub.” As I mentioned before, on Friday night just before Jay and I past the point of no return on the new tub surround walls, Jay called an audible and stopped. Just like I had said, next to the new surround walls the old cast iron tub looked absolutely filthy. But the new ceramic floor is staying and here is Jay putting in the new ceramic tile floor at 9:00 Thursday night.

Lyric of the Day: Suddenly I turned around and she was standing there. With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair. She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns. "Come in" she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

2 comments:

Bubs said...

When is the house warming party?

Rickie Davies said...

You would have to ask Jay? Or maybe the weekend I was there was it.