Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Packer Game

How about that Packer game? I didn’t get to watch the game live because I was skiing, and I knew the outcome before I watched the game on my DVR. But here are some notes that I made in watching the game. FOX must have brought in extra cameras for the game because it seemed like they had more camera angles than a normal regular season game. One great camera angle was zoomed in on Brandon Jackson when he scored on a screen pass. He actually had a handful of the jersey of one his blockers that he was following on his way into the end zone. Something you would never catch without zooming in with HD cameras.

I also noticed that FOX has moved the score and time box to the way out corners of the 9:16 format. I am fairly certain that during the regular season this box was in what would have been the corner for 3:4 format, that really bothered me.

I still thought it was sloppy game by the Packers. Too many turnovers and too many dropped passes. But if the Packers want to get past the Falcons they will need to take care of the ball and catch the balls that hit them in the hands. Whichever team has fewer turnovers on Saturday will win the game.

Dear Nick Collins, I realize that tackling Michael Vick in the open field is no simple feat, but I don’t think it warrants jumping around and pumping your fists when you manage to stop him after a 2 yard gain. You are a Pro-Bowler, act like it.

If the Packers can get by the Falcons, you can stamp your ticket to the Super Bowl. The Packers will not lose to the Bears. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bears lose to the Seahawks.

Saturday prediction: Packer 27 - Falcons 24. Aaron Rodgers engineers a 4th quarter game winning drive.

No comments: