Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Packer Game Recap

Here are my notes from the Packer Game.
First, for some reason I thought the game started at 3:30. I was walking through the living room at 2:30 and I thought I would just turn the TV on before the game started because sometimes my TV needs to warm up, and what do I see but the game going on. The first play I saw was the last play of the 1st quarter.
I like it when I see my quarterback break loose of the pocket and then scramble for 25 yards without getting touched.
I think Lovie Smith's days are numbered in the Windy City.
He just looks clueless on the sidelines. Has a coach ever been after his team loses in the conference championship game?
Sam Shields, thank you for the interception at the end of the 1st half. Pretty big.
How about the referee that they have the in the booth with Troy and Joe. He looks like a pretty big idiot when there is a challenge on the field and he says one thing and the officials on the field say another.
Even though the Packers offense couldn't finish off their drives, it was nice to hear the groan of the crowd after each 3rd down conversion to move the chains.
I will give the Bears credit, not many teams are so confident in themselves that they hold quarterback auditions in the NFC Championship game.
Looking forward to the Super Bowl, if the Packers running game hopes to be effective, them might want to start with making sure they have someone assigned to blocking the middle linebacker. Urlacher made one tackle for a loss when no one even touched him.
In the 4th quarter they had the camera over the Bears huddle and the linemen are telling the quarterback to hurry up, and then the quarterback just calls a timeout with 10 seconds still left on the play clock. The Bears really weren't that good.
I thought the Packers played a little lackadaisical, Driver didn't seem to give too much effort into the pass at the end of the 1st half that turned into an interception. And Collins on the Bears second touchdown, I have no idea where he was going. It looked like he was thinking the ball would go over the receivers head and had himself set for an interception.
Sam Shields, thank you again for the interception at the end of the game.
Although my game MVP is the punter Tim Masthay. Hester little to no effect on the game.
How about the insult to injury of winning the Halas trophy at Solider Field. 182 games and for Bears fans this one had to sting the most.

3 comments:

Bubs said...

I agree with your MVP vote. I said the exact same thing while we were at Roman's.

Anonymous said...

Go pack, go!
Tree

Anonymous said...

Just one more observation. What was the deal on Chicago's second touchdown. It looked like Woodson and Collins did a serious "I thought you had him" moment.

Roman