Wednesday, January 05, 2011

This Past Weekend

First let me apologize. I have been having some internet /computer issues. But Eric stopped by tonight and I think / hope everything is fixed. And maybe I can get back to posting the fine quality reading material that you are used to. Or not.

This past weekend I got in some work around the house. As I said in an earlier post, I helped Jay with some remodeling with his duplex this past Thursday and Friday. And a couple of weeks ago, I helped my brother, Dan, put up some drywall at my sister’s house. I guess all of that work on other people’s houses got me motivated to actually work on my own house. On Saturday and Sunday I did some work around my own house. My cousin, MKA, moved out of my house last week, so I started with cleaning his old room. In case you missed it, MKA moved in with me at the end of last February. In that time, MKA had quite the shrine to himself set up in his room and he managed to liter the room with well over 50 holes in the plaster. He also somehow managed to get stains on the wall. My best guess is that it is blood, and that is about as far as I am going to expand on that.

I moved on to cleaning the kitchen. When I started cleaning out the cabinets I ran across my collection of Clingwrap and Aluminum Foil. To the best of my recollection, I have never bought either of them. I found that I have over 900 square feet of Clingwrap and 200 square feet of Aluminum Foil. I have no idea where they all came from. Here is my collection.

While in the kitchen I also cleaned my refrigerator. With MKA gone, my refrigerator is back to looking about as pathetic as possible. Here is a picture of it for you. Mind you this is after grocery shopping.

I also mounted not one but 2 paper towel holders on the cabinet doors under the sink. Why two? Because I can.

I don’t know why, but sometimes there are little things that bother me. Very often I go a little overboard on correcting these bothersome things. For example, a couple of years ago in my utility room I built a work bench. I try to keep this area as clean as possible. The best way to clean this area is with my shop vac. But for some unknown reason I find it irritatingly troubling to have to plug the shop vac in every time I use it, even though the outlets are attached right to the work bench. I took it upon myself to place a new outlet where I store my shop vac so that it is plugged in at all times. Now when I make a mess, I just need to flip the switch on the shop vac and away I go. This also allows me to sleep better at night.

Lyric of the Day:

Again the morning's come

Again he's on the run

Sunbeams shinin' through his hair

Appearing not to have a care

Well pick up your gear and gypsy roll on ... roll on

1 comment:

Bubs said...

I would be happy to take some of that foil/plastic wrap off your hands buddy.