Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jay's Wedding

Here is a story that came up the other day. The day that my buddy, Jay, got married everyone who was standing up had to be at the church pretty early. We probably had at least an hour if not two to burn before the ceremony. All of the groomsmen were quarantined to the priest office. I don’t recall who brought the deck of cards, but Jay’s three brothers all knew how to play sheepshead as well and myself and Justus. So we were gambling right up until the moment that we had to walk down the aisle. And the moment the service was over, we all ran back to the office to continue playing because as I recall we were in the middle of a round of doublers. Here we are playing, I am not sure if this was before or after the ceremony. But it did happen.

No comments: