Sunday, May 22, 2011

New TV Show

I came up with an idea for a new TV show. The premise of the show is to follow a person around who scalps tickets to sporting events and concerts. Two of my favorite people to watch scalp would be Joe and then his buddy Shooter. I think key to getting a great price from a scalp is to go in with the mindset that you don’t really care if you go into the show or not. I recall a Bucks game that I went to with Joe where Joe named his price, the scalper said “You will never get a ticket that cheap.” Joe said “When you change your mind, I will be in Major Goolsebys.” 10 minutes later the guy came into the bar and sold Joe the tickets for whatever price Joe had agreed to. Then there was Shooter. Shooter got this scalper at a Pittsburgh Pirates game so pissed off that the scalper said “Hell no, I am not selling you these tickets. I would rather stick them in the freezer than sell them to you.” And then the scalper just left because it was around the 3rd inning and there was no one else to sell them to. There are two shows that are about pawn shops, a couple of about rebuilding custom motorcycles and at least 4 about cakes. How about just one about scalping?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy,
I had the same idea....brilliant. There are actually at least 3 shows about pawn shops now and Hardcore Pawn is awesome. If you think about it, ticket scalping and pawn shops...you're pretty much dealing with the same concept and class of people.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Rickie Davies said...

I haven't see Hardcore Pawn, but has anyone on that show become as angry as that one scalper did at Shooter?

Anonymous said...

Oh...there are angry people on a regular basis, which is what makes the show. They have a significant security staff and cops are called almost daily.