Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekend Recap





I know it is Friday and the weekend is here, but how about a quick recap from last weekend. Friday after work I ordered some Crawdaddys carry out. Then I settled into watch the Brewer game. In the back of my mind I was considering heading to the movies. It had been a while since I have been to a theater, and in the 5th inning I decided to go catch a flick. I went to see “The Adjustment Bureau”. Here is my 2 sentence review. Good acting, good dialog, horrible plot. 5 out of 10.
Saturday I woke up and got a workout in. I knew that Joe and Dawn were going to the Brewer game that day with a group coming on a bus from Madison. He sent me a text when they got down to the parking lot. It was about 45 degrees out and drizzling, but I decided to go down to Miller Park anyway. They just paved the section of the Hank Aaron State Trail from 94th street down to the stadium last year and I had been meaning to check it out. It was actually probably quicker to bike down that to drive. However, 2 blocks into my ride, I really had wished that I brought gloves. I found Joe and Dawn and I hung out with their group until they decided to go into the game. I walked around still debating if I really wanted to go into the game mainly because I knew it was going to be even colder on the ride home if I waited until after the game was out. I talked to a couple of scalpers to get a feel for how much I could get a ticket for. But I knew I wanted to wait until the game actually started before purchasing my ticket because the price really drops once the game starts. I decided to have a beer while waiting and I took cover from the wind by the TMJ mobile radio station outside the park. I talked to these 4 guys who were also finishing their beers in the same place for about 20 minutes. Once they left, I did as well and started messing with the scalpers. By this time it was the second inning and there were still plenty of tickets, but I was trying to get a Loge Level seat for $5. The best I could do was $10, I was going to try the scalpers behind the outfield wall one more time and then go home. I was walking past the Will Call booths when I just happened to look over and there was Nate. Here was our conversation:
Me: “Hey Buddy, What are you doing?”
Nate: “Well I am working what are you doing?”
Me: “I am trying to get a scalper to sell me a Loge Level seat for $5.”
Nate turned grabbed two tickets from the counter behind him.
Nate: “Here buddy, I just upgraded one of my season ticket holders to diamond box, you can have his Loge seats.”
Me: “Thanks buddy. Are you going to come watch an inning or two?”
Nate: “Yeah, I can watch one inning.”
So I put my flask in the hoodie of my raincoat, that is by the way, my favorite place to carry in alcohol. And into the game I went. Nate did come and join me for an inning but then had to leave. It was a pretty good game. Oh and Joe, I tried to text you all game, but for some reason my texts were going through. And I forgot to find out where you were sitting. Here was the view from my seats.But the ride home on my bike really sucked. It was raining and cold and by the time I got home I couldn't feel my fingers.
Sunday was just more work on the temple and then some cards all afternoon.

No comments: