Thursday, May 05, 2011

Weekend Projects

I did a couple of projects around the house this weekend. The big one was transforming one of my skis into a shotski. What is a shotski? Well it is a snow ski that holds shot glasses. The first time I saw one was years ago when a group of us went out to West Virginia for the Badger game. Although that was a beer ski, as they just had cups taped to a ski and you just slammed they beer in the cup. I have only shotskis in two other places. One of the bars at Copper Mountain in Colorado. And Leff's Luckytown in Wauwatosa has one. And now I have one too. Who will be the first victim....I mean contestant? I will say this, the first people to use the shotski don't have to pay for their shots.I did some real quick surfing on the web and of course their is a website that sells Shotskis. Making the Shotski wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I thought I could just drill a hole through it, but there is a piece of metal that runs through the ski which was impossible to drill through with the hole saw bits that I have. I ended up getting creative and used a combination of hole saw bits and a jig saw. And I had some old bull horns from a trip I made to Nebraska, at least I think it was Nebraska. I thought using the horns would be shotski holders.Oh and I also put up some curtains in the living room. What do you think? I know, they look a little too much like towels. But they do work, the light doesn't get through.

1 comment:

Julie said...

When do you want to go shopping for real curtains? I would be more than happy to help you out.