Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Zack's Baseball Game

Tonight I went down to Halfaer Field to watch my nephew, Zack, play baseball. Before I get into my analysis, allow me to preface this with the fact that I was a horrible little league baseball player. I only played one season, and in that one season I got exactly one hit all year. I was terrible, and I am probably not much better now. Here are a couple of pictures before I get to the video.
Sarah and Grace. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Joey, I am really slacking as an uncle and photographer.
Now just because I was one of the worst little leaguers in history doesn't mean that my baseball IQ is extremely low. Zack, here is some baseball advice from your uncle and I don't think anyone you talk to that knows anything about baseball will disagree with me.
Chicks dig the long ball.
If you want to hit the long ball, you are going to need more than your arms.
You need to start stepping into your swing.
If you want to clear the fence you are going to have to use your legs.
This video is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Your front leg barely moves, and I don't think your foot ever leaves the ground.
And if you aren't going to be going for the long ball you better start running, and that starts the moment the ball leaves the bat. Don't watch the ball...run.
That ends my critique. Here is Zack with a fielder's choice.
And in Zack's last at bat he got a single.

No comments: