Monday, July 10, 2006

Random Notes

I have a confession to make. If I rewind a little over 6 months, I made two New Years Resolutions. Well I broke one of them last week, when I needed to get a hold of The General. I had a resolution not to call him on his cell phone. But going into the second Dave Matthews concert he was still up in the air. I didn't want to get stiffed on the ticket so I had to call him. Not surprisingly he ended up being a no show for the concert and when I called, he didn’t answer, and actually never did return my call until 2 days later. I can’t say that I was shocked. But I think that is still pretty good to have any resolution for 6 months. However, my other resolution, I am still holding true to. I have been fast food clean for 6 months and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Just the thought of eating at McDonalds makes me feel sick. The closest I have been to eating fast food has been Quiznos or Oakland Gyros. And there is no way I could ever give up Oakland Gyros.

Here is a random note that I am bit tentative to bring up. If you have been a reader of my blog for a while, you may have remembered my two favorite readers: Fort Wayne, Indiana and Columbia, Missouri. For those who might not know, I have a site meter on my blog. It can be found on the bottom of the blog. If you click on it, it sends you to another web page where it will give you all of the data on the number of hits my blog gets and where they are coming from, or at least what city. For a good two or three month stretch I had two faithful readers from Fort Wayne, Indiana and Columbia, Missouri, who checked in just about everyday. I do not know anyone who lives in either of those cities, so I am guessing that they are just two random people who came across my blog. Then one day they both suddenly stopped coming to my web site. Maybe they felt sorry for Nura and Sue, who knows. But recently I have another person from a far off place, that I have no clue who they are. And yet they are checking out the blog on a regular basis. All that I can guess is that it is a hot bikini super model who is attracted to my stunning good looks and is amused by my rapist wit.(Dumb and Dumber reference) So I would like to welcome aboard to the “Life of Rickie” readership, Herndon, Virgina.

No comments: