Monday, July 24, 2006

Why Do You Guys Think I am Such a Bad Driver?

This is a really old story. But it is just one of many great Justus stories. I believe it was the summer after my high school graduation, that would make it 1991. It was when I first started hanging out with Kaker and Justus. Justus and Kaker came and picked up Krum and I. We were headed out to a “field party” that Justus had heard about. Justus was a little unclear on the directions to this “field party”, therefore we made a number of U-turns as we patrolled the back roads of the great Kettle Moraine area. Krum and I were in the back seat, and as the quest for the destination for this party continued, our critiquing of Justus and his driving skills continued to escalate and become more critical with each passing minute. I would imagine such phrases as “Nice blinker.” or “You know you are actually suppose to honk your horn when you pass someone?” or “These must be some pretty good friends that gave you such exact directions.” were coming from Krum and I. We had been in the car for at least a good 30 or 40 minutes and it was rather apparent to Krum and I that we were never going to find this party or that this party never existed in the first place. To be fair to Justus, Krum and I were laying into him pretty hard, and as sick of being stuck in the back seat as Krum and I were, Justus was equally if not more sick of the verbal abuse we were laying on him. Finally, while being frustrated with being unable to find this party and also with Krum and I, Justus went to make a U-turn in the middle of a back country county highway. In the process of this maneuver Justus blurts out “I don’t know why you guys think I am such a bad driver.” As the words are leaving Justus’ mouth we get stuck in the ditch. Krum and I look at each other and we are trying to decide which one of us should go first in ripping on Justus. It is at this point that Justus turns around and says “If you two A-holes say one F-ing word you are both walking back.” To this day I still regret not saying something. It would have absolutely worth saying the first thing that came to my mind, then get out of the car, say “Thank you very much for the ride and the good time.”, and start walking home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love him!

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»