Wednesday, February 07, 2007

11 Days and Justus is a Deadbeat

I spoke with the deadbeat last night. He really didn't have much to say other than he knows that he owes me money and we haven't quite yet worked out a payment plan. After a couple minutes of small talk for some reason he put me on speaker phone and then said that he was busy and had to go. I would say that is weird, but I have known Justus for a long time, and to be honest there isn't a single thing that guy could do that would surprise me. I would have the same reaction if I learned he was joining a monastery or going to prison. In either case I would say "I can see that."


There was absolutely nothing special about my day yesterday. I went to my project. Everything was just fine there. I had a lunch meeting with two of my contractors. I came home and worked out at the health club. Once home I took some on line course for work and watched TV.

With all of that excitement I thought I would post another picture of the day. This picture was taken January 16th, 2004 in Breckenridge, Colorado. It is me and Krum. As you can guess from the picture this is the ski trip where I dislocated my shoulder. In fact this was the night of the day I injured myself. As I recall, I was dead set on skiing the next day because we were skiing Breckenridge which I had never skied at before. I was there with Krum, Russ and Tree. They all told me that if I could get myself dressed in the morning they would let me ski. I got dressed without a problem and skied the whole next day.I remember getting out of the hospital, the doctor had given me some drugs and told me the three things I could not do: No drinking, no hot tubs and no skiing. I did all 3 within 24 hours. This was the rest of our group in Breckenridge, they are all Krum and Russ' friends. Actually we had a pretty smart group of people with us. 2 nurses, 3 engineers and 2 doctors. The doctors came with all sorts of pain relieving drugs. The next night they gave me some muscle relaxers to help me with the pain and they thought I was going to die that night. It might have been the wrong combination of drugs and alcohol. At one point they came over to check on me and my lips were blue. But I survived and I am better for it. I think. Another reason for the posting of these pictures is that I am again headed out to Colorado this weekend with Krum and Eric. We are staying with Russ. After the pathetic runs at Granite Peak this past weekend, I am really excited for Colorado. Pictures and stories to follow.

No comments: