Sunday, February 04, 2007

15 Days and Justus is a Deadbeat

It is Super Bowl Sunday. My big party is today. And with the weather in the Twin Cities area reaching a balmy -4 the number of attendees is dropping just like the temperature. But enough about today, let's talk about Friday and Saturday.

I was in Wausau skiing with Doug, Lisa, Jill, Amy and Eric. We got into Wausau around noon on Friday. I do have to say that the weather did suck all weekend. Unbelievably cold. But we powered through that, I guess we really didn't have much of a choice. I got out on the hill twice during the day on Friday and once that night. I was highly unimpressed with the ski hill. Granite Peak is nice and steep for the first 20 seconds of the run and then just flat. I did pull up short on my claim to pull off a 360. The jumps in the terrain parks just didn't seem too conducive for such maneuvers. At least I didn't think so. And all of the landings were very hard. I will have to make good on that claim next weekend in Colordao. Friday night was a great night for sitting in the condo and drinking and that is what we did. With 16 oz shot guns every hour from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. Saturday ended up being a much more mellow day and night. It was also colder than Friday. Our breaks in the bar were much longer than our time out on the hill. Here are the pictures.

Doug and Lisa warming up in the bar. I was disappointed at the location of the bar at Granite Peak. At nearly every ski hill I have ever been to, the bar is always upstairs with a view of the hill. But not here. I was in the basement and you couldn't see the hill at all.

Here are Eric and Jill.Amy and I.This is Amy and Jill demonstrating Amy's favorite sexual position. Amy is the one who brought it up. She didn't know the name for it, so we termed it the "spork". I guess because it is sort of like spooning.This is the 1:00 a.m. shot gun of beer. I will give you one guess who won.Here I am not only celebrating my shot gunning beer victory, but also doing my best Lee Harvey Oswald getting shot by Jack Ruby impersonation at the same time.Oswald getting shot.Saturday afternoon on the hill in the chicken suit with Wausau in the background. Breathtaking.We couldn't find any dishwashing soap so it was decided upon to use regular dish soap but only fill the compartment half full. Apparently this did not work. For the record, I was not consulted on this decision.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your witty humor is much appreciated over your contrived humor, at least by this 1st time blog reader. Oswald analogy=funny, chicken suit=not funny--sorry. Are you an accountant?
If Amy is your girlfriend, (fair deduction from the photo of the two of you?)why aren't the two of you demonstrating her favorite position? Just an idea--might spice up your blog.

Rickie Davies said...

1st time blog reader,

I am glad you liked the Oswald bit. Too bad you don't like the chicken suit. But let me ask you this, would a gorilla suit be more funny?
No Amy is not my girlfriend. But in the future I will see what I can do about getting more "spicy" pictures on the blog. I appreciate your input.

Anonymous said...

mmmm, no to the gorilla suit. Actions that scream, "look at how funny I am" are not that funny. But you seem witty and cute nonetheless. If she is not your girlfriend then who is? I got your blog site from a MN friend and want to keep checkin' in but you seem a bit anti-girlfriend. Maybe you need to dedicate a entry to 'your type.' Do you do online dating as well?

Anonymous said...

I think that your gorilla suit is more funny than the chicken suit by a long shot