Tuesday, February 06, 2007

12 Days and Justus is a Deadbeat

The top news story on the Minneapolis news was about a school that had a box in one of the science classrooms leaking mercury. They were going into great detail how the whole school was evacuated and that all evening they had the kids coming back to the school to get tested to see if their clothes or shoes were contaminated. My questions "Is this such a big deal?" I can recall being in science class in either 7th or 8th grade and we were going over all of the elements on the periodic chart. And they tried to have as many of the elements as possible on display. There was a beaker full of mercury. I can even remember pouring the mercury into our hands and actually playing with it. I turned out just fine. So why is a little bit of mercury dripping on the floor such a bit deal. Just mop it up and go on with the class.

I have never been one to shy away from the requests of my blog readers. I do this believe it or not because I value my readers and their opinions. Not to mention that coming up with new topics to write about can be difficult especially when your life isn't all that exciting. Recently an anonymous reader raised a couple questions. I thoguht I would field those.
"Who is your girlfriend?" As hard as it may seem to be, I do not currently have a girlfriend.
"What is my type?" That is a difficult one. I will admit, I am pretty superficial. So looks are important. Even though my body is falling apart I still would like someone who is athletic. If she could throw a football like a guy I would be really impressed. I still like going to concerts, so she would have to like to go to them as well. She would have to be outgoing. Knowing how I have been known to give the girlfriends of my friends and my brothers a hard time, she would have to be able to deal with the same coming back at her. I will call that quality "spunky". I don'tknow what you would call this, but this is an absolute requirement. I absolutely hate girls who shoot down an idea and then don't give an alternative. For instance I ask her what she wants to do and she says I don't care. They I say "Fine we will go to a movie." Then she says "I don't want to go to a movie." You either don't care, or you come up with a better idea. Please let me know if you want me to be more specific.
"Do I online date?" Sure, I will give anything a shot once. But to be honest, I am not really looking to get into anything too serious right now, especially since I know I will be moving to Appleton, Wisconsin in 3 months.

I am just wondering if this is the same person who set me up with "TBG"?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ricky Did you ever find out what that piece was that fell off your truck?

Sugar Lips

Rickie Davies said...

I have been told that is was a fuel filter. But that it probably didn't fall off of my truck, because if it did my truck wouldn't be running.

Anonymous said...

TBG??? What is that? Sounds itchy.

Rickie Davies said...

TBG is a person that an anonymous reader set me up with. It stands for Tall Brilliant and Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Moving in 3 months? What a bust, you're a good looking man. I didn't ask if she set you up with anyone else. Reading your blog for a few days was fun. Have fun in Apple-whatever, WI.

Rickie Davies said...

Ms. Anonymous,

I'm a good looking man? If I had a nickel everytime I heard that, I wouldn't even be able to call and tell someone. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But if you want a shot at the title in the next 3 months, you know how to get a hold of me.

Anonymous said...

I was worried you only post attractive pictures of yourself, but the one you posted today with your ski buddy proves you are handsome when compared face-to-face with other men. I am sure your ski buddy is a perfectly nice man but you are better looking than him. Sorry ski buddy--take one for the team. I haven't heard back from my friend if she set you up with an acronym but if she says 'yes, I did', I may need to get the details about you from Ms Acronymn. I know this post is getting long but one more thing... I have an idea for your next blog entry--post pictures and stats of your friends, and have your readers vote who is the best looking and most appealing in various areas (i.e. personality, career, etc.)I would post only the men who have strong egos though. Good luck Mr. Trimester. May the best man win.