Monday, February 12, 2007

7 Days and Justus is a Deadbeat

7 days until I am in Mexico. I hope this week goes by fast. Last I checked the forecast calls for highs in the mid 80s and lows in the lower 70s. Sweet. I am pretty excited. And Justus is a deadbeat.

Colorado was great. I will call it some of the best skiing I have done out there. The conditions were great. No powder days but that is fine by me, because I don't ski all that well in powder. Friday we went to Keystone, it was Russ, Krum, Eric and I. We got in about 5 1/2 hours of skiing. Saturday the 4 of us went to Copper Mountain. Here is where I had my only real falls of the trip. On one run, I was following behind Russ and Krum was at my side. Russ pulled over and stopped, I was going to stop next to him, but then Krum cut me off and I tried to stop but couldn't. I narrowly missed Krum, went down lost a ski, dropped my poles, wrapped my arms to my body and slid at least 50 or 60 feet and stopped 3 or 4 feet from a tree at the edge of the run. I was happy with myself that my first instinct after losing my ski and realizing the recovery wasn't going to happen, was to get my arms in so that my shoulders stay in socket. Later in the day, I took diggers in the moguls on two consecutive runs. Sunday we were back to Keystone and Russ' old roommate Terry and his fiancee Vanessa went with us. We only went for 3 hours and then headed to the airport. I would have made my 4:10 flight without much time to spare, but it was delayed and I made it without a problem. I know in past postings, I said I would land a 360 if it killed me. But unfortunately I wasn't able to pull through with either promise. I am still alive and the entire time in skiing we really didn't make our way near any terrain parks to give it a shot. But the winter isn't over yet. Real quick I would like to thank Russ for letting me come out. Russ is always a great host and hooks me up with a place to stay and deals on lift tickets. I really appreciate the fact that he invites me out there. Especially since I would like to get back out there one more time this winter. I also want to thank my friend, Mana, who lives out there as well and made me a hat. It is the one I am sporting in my picture. Speaking of pictures here are the best of what were taken.

Here is Russ, he is a little camera shy. So this is also a close up picture of my skis. Which Russ and Eric tuned up for me Friday night. I hadn't had them sharpened or waxed in probably 2 years. What a difference finely tuned skis makes, even though the day after they were fixed I fell the most.

Here is Russ at Keystone taking a break.
This is just a cool shot of the mountains from the top of Keystone. This is off of one of the back lifts. Usually the back runs are less crowded. And we tended to stay towards the back everyday. Here is Krum taking a leak off of one of the runs at Keystone.
Krum, Russ and Eric getting ready for a day of skiing at Copper Mountain.Here I am at the top of one of the back bowls at Copper Mountain. In fact to get to where this picture was taken we had to hike up from where the lift dropped us off. It was about a 20 minute hike, and for about 19 minutes of that hike I thought my lungs were going to explode. Note the new hat, thanks Mana.Krum, Russ and Eric at the same spot. Here is Russ and Krum in the gondola back at Keystone on Sunday. 6 of us were in there, and we determined that we were well over the limit of 1020 pounds.
So that was Colorado. Now I would like to get on to my current favorite blog reader. I really don't know who she is, so I have been calling her Ms. Anonymous. Recently she has showered compliments down on me referring to my good looks which could be heavily debated for hours. Nonetheless she requested that I post pictures of friends for people to vote on in different categories. I have decided to somewhat honor this request. First I do not know how people could vote on which of my friends has the best personality because you would have to know all of my friends. The reason they are my friends is because I like their personalities. And I am not going to choose between my friends. It is sort of like picking your favorite child, they all have their own uniqueness. Some more unique than others. So I am not going to do a poll on that. She also requested a poll on careers. I did some thinking on this today. I went over in my head my friends and currently I don't think any of them beat me. I would be happy to debate this with any of them. But based on the amount of money I make (which will not be discussed), and more importantly based on work load, vacation, flexibility of work schedule and on the job stress, no one beats me. However, my position with my company may soon change.

Finally Ms. Anonymous wanted a poll on which of my friends was the best looking. I put some thought into this and wavered on if I should do this poll. I decided to make one just for fun but rather than a long list of my friends and their pictures, I thought I would only put up the two friends whom I have heard from other people time and time again about how good looking they are. So here you go.


Number 1 is Stu. Here he is on the right talking to the "Deadbeat".

Number 2 is Jay a.k.a "Jota". Here pretending to take a leak into a pitcher at a party.

And because this is my blog and I am sure I will end up in last place, I will throw myself in there as Number 3.

Who is the best looking?
Stu
Jota
Rickie
The Elephant Man
Free polls from Pollhost.com


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And why pray tell is Eric not an option? My God the man IS good draping material. Oh, I get it, it would have been a runaway victory...after all how many guys do you know with an electric pickle?

Rickie Davies said...

Natalia,
You need to do a little better job reading. I only posted pictures of guys that I have heard from other people that they are good looking. I have never heard anyone refer to Eric as good looking. You are the first. That is why Eric is not an option. I will rectify that for the next time I put this poll up.

Eric said...

Natalia,

Clearly, you didn't look at the entire list. I am the one at the end.

Anonymous said...

Rickie - Sorry. "Good Looking" just wouldn't cover Eric. I understand. Now if they had "Stunning", "Masterful",
"Saliva-inducing", I guess I could have voted.

Eric - I thought that was my nickname for you. Shoot. The word is out.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

Natalia, you must understand that women often slaver over me, so Rickie had to use my nome de plume. He's always looking out for my best interests. But, I have to be unincumbered because I belong to all the ladies of the world. I hope you understand.

I'll always cherish the fond memories of those several passionate minutes in the stuffy back seat. Next time, it'll all be about you.