Tuesday, February 13, 2007

6 Days and Justus is a Deadbeat

Saturday night while I was in Colorado, Krum, Terry, Vanessa and I went to see the movie "Hannibal Rising". It was a pretty good movie. It helps explain the other movies. However I am getting sick of all of the prequels that have been coming out lately. The actor who played Hannibal Lector, Gaspard Ulliel, did a good job, because just looking at him freaks me out a little bit. He freaks me out to the point where I wouldn't want to be alone in the same room with him. The movie wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. You end up rooting for Hannibal by the middle of the movie. One part of the movie that bothered me, was when the "bad" guys were stuck in a cabin for what appears to be weeks. And they show the lead "bad" guy eating a game bird. But the bird hasn't been plucked or gutted. My question is if you have all of that time, wouldn't you pluck and gut the bird. I understand why they show the scene as they do, to demonstrate the barbaric nature of the "bad" guys, but it isn't very realistic. I wouldn't say the movie was worth the $9. But it was alright. I will give it a 5 out of 10.

No comments: