Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back To My Dull Life

I am back to the same old daily routine of life. Maybe that is a good thing. I did recall one little side story from Vegas that happened that could have got me in a decent amount of trouble. While we were down on Fremont Street, we had gotten split up from Tim's brother, Pat. I gave him a call on his cell phone and told him to meet the rest of us out in the street. While we were waiting for Pat to show up I noticed an empty golf cart that was being used by a maintenance person. I walked over and sat down in the drivers seat, and of course noticed that the keys weren't in it. I found a nail on the floor, inserted it into the ignition, turned the nail and it fired right up. Just as I was trying to figure out how to get it into reverse, the maintenance worker returned and kicked me out. When I got out I noticed two cops were right there. But they didn't say anything to me. I suppose I hadn't done anything wrong yet. Yet.

What else do I have for you? Not too much. My project at work is coming along well. Here is a picture of the bridge taken yesterday.

As you can see the new grid panels are in place, the railings are nearly complete. We still have to pour the fixed concrete deck and bridge approaches. There is a lot of electrical work to be completed, including wiring limit switches on both sides, navigation lights, motors to the span locks. We also need to complete a pedestrian ramp on the far corner. Looking at everything that is yet to be completed, I am targeting May 16th as the final completion date. But change orders and punchlist items will take it to the end of May. Currently I am schedule to do some work at our Oshkosh project in June, as the project engineer there is going to be on vacation for 3 weeks. So I am hoping to be back in Milwaukee by the first of July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel better about your bridge now that you are showing more steel. I hate it when nothing is happening and it looks like you are just pissing away my tax dollars. Will this bridge collapse in a few years or was it properly engineered and built?

Rickie Davies said...

I have no worries about the bridge collapsing.