Friday, March 07, 2008

Mexican Proposal

This will probably come as a shock to many of you, but I got engaged while I was down in Mexico. It all happened so fast. I have known Vanessa for about 6 years now. We had been talking to each other on the phone quite a bit going into the trip. Then once we got down to Mexico things between us went really well. So the one day we were in town, I went into one of the jewelery shops and bought a ring. The next night as the sun was going down, I decided to propose. I had this picture taken while I was popping the question. It was pretty spontaneous, but then again so am I. We haven't set a date or anything like that. We are going to wait to iron all of that out once I move back to Milwaukee. Sorry Butch, I meant to ask your permission before hand, but as I said, it all happened to fast.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this for real?????

Anonymous said...

Well, not really sure what to say. If it's true congrats, if not is it because she said no or was this just a little fun in Mexico? Maybe you should have a new feature photo on your blog. Where ever you go have a picture of you on your knees proposing to someone. May it be a girl or just one of your friends.

Anonymous said...

You're full of it.

Anonymous said...

Rick,
We are happy for you whatever is going on. a. Is it a survey? b.Is anyone reading this blog? c.Are you that bored? or d.Is it the real thing? Hang in, Rick we love you anyway.
ps Could you answer your phone?
G-Annie

Anonymous said...

good call on the BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Nick Davies said...

Good call grangma.

Nick Davies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Really! And Favre is coming out of retirement!

Anonymous said...

Apple River Batchelor Party this summer?

Does this mean you can still go out for the Twins/Brewers weekend in June?

-Borky

=)

Anonymous said...

Wow Rickie. I just saw you about 6 weeks ago and you didn't even mention a girlfriend!!! Is this for real?? --- Shelly

Nick Davies said...

Thats crap.

Rickie Davies said...

Watch your language Pickle.