Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. I had a great weekend. Friday I headed up to the U.P. I met up with Doug, Liquid Lisa and Eric at the ski hill bar. We headed back to our cabin and grilled up some Italians and played some card games. Saturday we didn't get to the hill until 10:30 or so. Here was the ski schedule for the day. Ski for an hour, drink in the bar for an hour, ski for an hour, drink in the bar for an hour, ski for an hour. It was a nice little schedule and worked out really well. I skied with Eric all day. I have skied with Eric a number of times in the past. I am sure some may argue with this, but Eric is one of the better people to ski with. He offers up above average conversation on the chair lift. We have about the same ski ability. Eric will also ski any run. Most importantly, he doesn't stand around at the top of the run waiting and talking about useless stuff. That is my biggest pet peeve with skiing. Others that top my list of people to ski with (Nate, Russ, Tree, The Moose and I will even throw Flo in with that group. Sorry Krum, you complain too much.) So it was some good skiing. I didn't take any pictures all weekend, but Eric got some. Once he emails those to be, I will post some. Saturday night, we were back at the cabin and had dinner. At 10:00 I went to the resort bar for a couple of drinks. But Eric, Doug and Liquid all opted to stay at the cabin. I ran into a friend that I used to work with and ended up at the bar until 1:30. Sunday I was up early, and headed back to Appleton. I got back in time to watch the Badgers win. And that pretty much summed up my day Sunday.

Here are a couple of random items. My NCAA pool. I have 9 people in the pool so far. Only Liquid has paid up. I know most of the people in my pool also read my blog. If you don't send me your payment by next Monday, I will not only delete your sheet, but I will take pleasure in doing so. Sherman and Coonen are the only ones with free passes as I will see them Thursday.

Stoves. Most stoves come with 4 burners. Has anyone ever used all 4 burners at the same time. Why so many? I have never used more than 2 at once.

St. Patrick's Day. This may come as a shock to a number of my readers, but I have never taken the day off of work to go to a bar and start drinking at 7 in the morning before. And as for today, I doubt I will be getting my hands on any green beer tonight. Probably a very mild evening for me tonight. So if you are out for a beer tonight, have one for me.

5 comments:

Nick Davies said...

So you are the one that broke the hoop and now grandpa cannot fix it.

Anonymous said...

Delete my sheet and will have serious problems bucko.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Rickie, I had a beer for you tonight buddy.

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day!
FYI: Most people have used all four burners and in fact I wish I had six. Any good meal will not only use all the burners but also the micro. Try watching your Mom or Brian.

Rickie Davies said...

Pickle, I believe that a truck driver that delievered something to grandma and grandpa's broke the hoop.

Bucko, Don't pay up and I will have a serious problem. Your threats do not scare me. And I have the upper hand.

M.K.A., I am glad that you can pull through for me on the green beer. I didn't have a beer at all. I guess I am saving my liver for this coming weekend.