Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mexico Recap

Here is the recap from the Mexico trip. It was a great trip. But we as a group didn't get as crazy as last year. We all agreed that the resort last year was much better. You get what you pay for. But in the end, the main reason for the trip was that big ball of fire in the sky. And the weather was great. Sunny and 80 everyday. We were a pretty lazy group. On the way home a number of people we ran into asked us if we went anywhere. And we all said that we went to town one night otherwise we were out on the beach or around the pool laying out every day. I was pretty sick the first two days, but I made it through. I had a cough that I couldn't shake the entire time down there. Well on to the pictures. Here are Chris and Rebecca on the flight down.
Here is Vanessa writing my pet name for her in the sand.
Chris was the self appointed president of the "Hot Tub Club" Chris was in there just about every night from 5:00 until 7:30.
Me and Rebecca pool side.
This was one of the first nights on our way out to dinner.
One day we all had massage appointments out on the beach. $55 per couple for an hour. It was the best massage I have ever had. Well worth the money. While Vanessa and I were waiting for Chris and Rebecca's massage to be over, we went for a walk down the beach. Here is a shot of me flexing.
We went boogie boarding a couple days. This is where I had some problems with my camera. My camera is waterproof. But shortly after being out in the ocean, my camera when out for a couple of days and didn't work. But anyhow here I am boogie boarding.
Sorry, Vanessa and I didn't do any shower pictures, but I did get one of Chris.
One day they had a pool diving contest. I made it to the finals and lost to a girl who basically just jumped into the pool and threw her arms up in the air. To get to the finals, I did jump over one of the "fun club" workers. Here I am doing a jack knife dive into the pool.
We went to town one night and that was fun. We stopped in at this liquor store and the owner who was there was just great. Every other word was an "F" bomb. We asked him if we could walk around outside with a beer. He said "This is Mexico, you can do whatever the "F" you want?"
While waiting to eat at a place called "Pi Pi's" I watched the police sneak up on this guy who was talking to one of the chefs and arrest him. Kind of funny.
Chris and Rebecca at dinner.
I missed the first four sunsets. So I made it a point to see the last three, here I am with Vanessa at one sunset.
Here is a group shot at sunset.
Chris and Rebecca reflecting as the sun sets.
Rebecca and I sang "Leather and Lace". My voice was so horrible because I was still getting over a cold and my throat was all scratching and I had been coughing all day. But we had stage presence.
This was the best sunset of the trip. This gives you a pretty good view of the main resort pool area.
Vanessa and I tearing up the dance floor. There wasn't much of a question that we were the best dancers out there.

It was a great trip. I just wish I hadn't been sick while down there. I just wasn't myself most of the trip. Still fun. But I wasn't at the top of my game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me something to wish I could have done. We drove to the sunny state of Texas.
As we drove in we ran into 5" of snow in Frisco, TX.
Welcome to Texas, Cheeseheads!
G-Annie