Monday, March 31, 2008

The Legend Lives On.......

.....from the Chippewa on down of the big lake they called "Gitche Gumee." Anyone know that opening line, anyone? That is right, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". Saturday I was working, yes I worked on a Saturday. On my way home from work, I drove by the Appleton PAC and noticed on the sign out front that Gordon Lightfoot was playing Sunday night. I do not have extensive knowledge of the Gordon Lightfoot collection, but I do like some of his stuff. And "If You Could Read My Mind" is one of my karyoke staples. Being that the PAC is only two blocks from my place, I had no choice but to go to the show. I called up my only friends in Appleton, Mark and Suzanne, to see if they wanted to join me. Mark ended up having to work on his rental house. So Suzanne and I went to the show. We grabbed some buffalo wings before hand and then headed to the show. I thought that Gordon looked a little bit like Grandpa Munster. A lot of his songs sound the same. And I noticed how short many of this songs were. I also thought that the drummer in his band was basically stealing money, as he didn't do too much. One song he played just the wood block and a triangle. But I did enjoy the show.

I have been continuing to train for my 1/2 marathon. This weekend I got in 7 miles on Saturday and 7.5 miles on Sunday. It was the first time I was running outside since the weather was almost decent. I have to tell you it wasn't good. I was averaging around 9:30 miles. Not good. I think I am going to be in some big trouble for the actual race. Sunday about 6 miles in the run, I was crossing the Fox River and thought about just jumping in. My lungs were burning and my legs were killing me. I was planning on shooting for 1 hour and 45 minutes the day of the race. Now I think I am going to be lucky to make it under 2 hours.

I put together a pool for the NCAA tournament. I have been having a bit of a problem collecting money from people. Here are my current deadbeats, if you see these people please be sure to call them deadbeats: Preston, Tree, Tree's wife Heather and Krum.

Here Suzanne and I are at intermission at Gordon Lightfoot.

No comments: