Thursday, March 27, 2008

More Requests

Hear are the next couple of requests.

The Twins vs. Brewer game will not be the same without Borky and K-Mart in attendance. In all my life, last years game was the best game I never went to. We started tailgating in the parking lot, planning to go into the game for the 3rd inning. The Brewers were down 4-1 at that point, so we waited for the 5th inning, and the score didn't change and we were still having a good time in the parking lot. Same story for the 7th inning. Next thing we knew, we had spent the entire game out in the parking lot. I am a pretty big Brewers fan, but the fact that the team is getting better and tickets are in much higher demand, for me isn't a good thing. From what I have heard from a very reliable source, if you want 8 or more seats together for a weekend game this coming season, if you haven't ordered them by now, good luck getting them at all. Here are some pictures from last year's game.
Religion. I am not the most religious person. I was raised Lutheran. My parents made me go to church every Sunday. I can recall being home one weekend while I was in college. We had a big family dinner. My brother in law was trying to make me look bad and asked me in front of the entire family as we were sitting down eating, "How often do you go to church while you are at school?" I told him, "On average, I go every other week." This took everyone a bit by surprise. Then I explained that since I went every week until the age of 18, if I don't go again until I am 36, on average I would have gone every other week. Do I believe in a God? Sure, I think he has an incredible sense of humor based on the things I have seen and the things I have experienced and the course my life has gone through. By the way, The God that I believe in doesn't count the number of times I go to church. The God I believe in doesn't listen to me only on Sunday mornings. The God I believe in doesn't listen to me only if I am a church built out of donations and offerings of people who think that they can buy their forgiveness. I guess my views on religion are pretty much indifferent. Annie, I know you are a loyal reader, so I will give the Catholics a break. But I do believe that Baptist are a bit out there.
Politics. I could really give two flying flips of a swizzle stick about politics. I don't believe that my vote really counts. I flat out do not vote. If my memory serves me correct, I believe one year, at least in one state the Elector College vote went the opposite way of the popular vote. This would mean that the popular vote didn't mean anything in that state. Granted the public does elect those that place the Elector College vote, so I guess indirectly the public's vote counted. I am not interested in politics, and therefore often I do not have an educated opinion on those that are on a ballet. Do I really care or know who is running for House of Representatives seat in the 8th district? No. I would probably just pick whomever had the better sounding name. I realize that thousands of people have died fighting for my right to vote. But they also fought for my right not to vote. I realize that by not voting, I lose my right to complain about the course that my country is headed. I have accepted this. Now I do still have a right to complain about how much both my property and personal taxes go up, because no matter who is in office, be it at the local, state or federal level, my taxes are going to go up no matter who is in the office. But you won't hear me complain about the abortion issue, Medicare, the War in Iraq, the federal budget, defense spending, etc. because I just do not care about those issues.

Lastly on the requests. The 41 yard dash will be on this summer. I will take on all challengers. And I am looking to retain my title as the World's Fastest Davies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so correct ....loves you no matter what you say or do. God also cares about how you travel your life's journey. You are a very good person ...especially to your family. That's why you are a godparent. You can be counted on to help shape the values of your younger family members.