Thursday, March 27, 2008

Borky's Request

Borky wanted me to discuss, Alpine Valley, Summerfest, and my plans to visit Minnesota this summer.

Alpine Valley has only announced a couple of shows. First is Jimmy Buffett on July 19th. I won't be able to make it to that show. I am doing a Paddle Portage in Madison with Tree on that day. I will most likely stretch that into a long Madison weekend. By the way Tree asked me to invite any and all of my readers to join us in the race. We are willing to take on any challengers, just let us know how high you want the stakes to be. As for other Alpine Shows, Dave Matthews is in town August 9th and 10th. I have already put in for tickets for both shows. And while not announced, I have a feeling that Pearl Jam will be coming to town later in the summer. I know that they announced an east coast tour earlier this week. In fact I was contemplating going to the June 12 show in Tampa. I figured I could go to the show with Truz and crash at his place. But I know that my boss has me covering for another project engineer over that time. I will just wait and hope they come to Alpine.

Summerfest hasn't announced much in the way of shows. They have announced a number of headliners at the Marcus. The only ones that really do anything for me are: Stevie Wonder on June 26th and Tom Petty with Steve Winwood on July 5th.

When it comes to trips to the Twin Cities, I only have one planned at that is the weekend of August 15th. I have to head up there for work and I will make that a long weekend. I checked out the Brewers schedule, but they play the Twins on the opening weekend of Summerfest. So that weekend is out. However, I promised Horn that I would do the Twin Cities Marathon with her, which is October 5th (I guess that isn't summer any more). I am still waiting to see how the 1/2 marathon goes in two weeks from Saturday. The training isn't too bad. I although I am a touch behind where I would like to be. Last night I ran 5 miles. I didn't feel to bad afterwards either. It is just that the training takes a lot of time. I run somewhere between 9 - 8:30 minute miles. If you do the math a simple 10 mile run is going to take 1.5 hours out of my day. Add in some stretching and the rest of my normal work out routine and that is closer to 2 -2.5 hours to work out. If you do that after work, that is pretty much your entire evening. I am shooting for runs of 6 and 8 miles this weekend.

Anyone have any other questions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Topic suggestions: politics; who do you want for president and why?
Religion: which do you like? Or none? Or?

Politics & religion ought to generate some responses from you readers. Our death threats.

Anonymous said...

Correction: Or (not our) death threats.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the 2nd annual "41 yard dash" the week of July 21st.

Anonymous said...

Stevie Wonder, damn buddy that would be a show, too bad it's on Thursday.

FYI - I will be in NYC going to Yankee Stadium when you are in Mpls. in August, so no ping pong or wiffles buddy.

-borky