Monday, March 09, 2009

Daddy Daycare

As mentioned previously, I had told my nieces and nephews that on Saturday night they could all sleep over at my house. They are all pretty good kids and they usually listen to me because at my house there is no crying, yelling or whining. So dealing with these 7 kids wasn't a problem at all. It was just that it was never quiet and there was always something I had to be doing, showing them how to change out video games, or making them something to eat, or trying to find the remote control, or telling them not to sit so close to the TV, or pumping up the air mattress. But it was fun. Saturday night we had pizzas, with cookies and candy as appetizers. Sunday morning breakfast was eggs, waffles, cinnamon rolls, smoothies and oddly enough cookies and candy were again appetizers. Weird. I have no idea what time the kids all went to bed, but I went to sleep at 11:00. And when I did there was one movie playing the spare bedroom and another movie showing in the family room. Here are the pictures. Nick and Ethan were the first ones to show up. After Pickle made a rather lackadaisical effort to put together a race track, I improved upon the one he made.Pickle enjoy one of the appetizers.
Here is Auggie just being Auggie.I took this at 6 in the morning when I woke up to go to the bathroom. The only time the house was quiet. Before we left for bowling, we took some Hulk Hands Pictures. Erin.J.W.Crusher.Boomer.Princess.And the biggest kid of them all.J.W. bowling.Boomer.Princess. She won the first game. Crusher. Who probably has the best form of all the kids.Erin.The 5 kids that I took bowling.And we finished the day off at McDonalds.
I got all of the kids happy meals at McDonalds. Since I have boycotted McDonalds for a couple years now, I didn't eat anything. But it was really hard. I was sitting there watching them eat cheeseburgers and McNuggets. And not only did it look good, but it smelled great. But I managed to resist the temptation. After watching these kids for a day I have a new appreciation for what my parents dealt with. It wasn't that it was difficult to watch all of these kids. It is just that there is always something to be doing. And you never get a chance to just sit down and relax. I honestly do not know how my parents did it. Plus I know that as kids we got in much more trouble than these kids do. So mom and dad, it took me 35 years to realize, but thank you and you did a great job raising us kids.

MKA handily beat me in the MKA Challenge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was the cool Ethan and Nick but mosty Ethan.

Rickie Davies said...

Ethan and Nick went to the Sport show Sunday morning, so they weren't along for Bowling and McDonalds. And when did Ethan become cool?

Anonymous said...

The day I was born!

Anonymous said...

yeah right ethan