Friday, March 13, 2009

Soccer Update

Wednesday was my last game for this indoor session. It was a challenging session. They combined the "B" League (the league we just won) and the "A" League from last session. So the quality of opponents went up. We started the session with a big loss then won our next two games. Feeling like we had recovered we tore off 4 loses in a row. But our last game of the session was Wednesday and that resulted in a victory. We played against a decent team and played well for a change. I had 4 prime scoring opportunities and managed to not connect on any of them. We did walk away with 4-2 win and that is all that really counts. I told the guys after the game that the next day the air will seem clearer, food with taste better, the sun will shine brighter. It is amazing how much better your outlook is when you are winning. After losing 4 in the row I was almost dreading going to soccer. Plus nearly all of our games were at 11:00 p.m. that doesn't do much for morale. But after winning our last game, I am lamenting the fact that we don't have any more games.

By the way, MKA handily beat me in the MKA Challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that you forgot to mention that I killed you this session in our points race.

I even missed a couple games to make it interesting.

General

Rickie Davies said...

The General is right, He beat me in the points race. All that I can recall tallying was 1 goal all session. I don't recall what The General did as far as scoring but I know he was more of an offensive weapon than myself. Unfortunately for him, there wasn't a wager, because he is a deadbeat and didn't pay up on our bet from the previous session. Not only that but he still has yet to pay me up from Fantasy Football. Maybe I need to start all of my postings with "The General is a Deadbeat".