Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Update

It was a pretty good weekend. And how about the weather. I couldn't be more happy that things are warming up. Sadly I only got outside twice yesterday. I have heard highs in the 70s today in parts of Wisconsin.
On to my weekend. Friday I had nothing noteworthy going on. Check that, Preston did stop by to drop off his NCAA tourney money.
Saturday was the Blarney Run. 4 of you were right. I was the only one of our group (Me, Jody and Liz) that finished under 30 minutes. I would like to say that I was surprised that Liz didn't even show up, but the night before she started making up excuses. I ran the first 1/4 mile or so with Jody. But I knew that if we continued at that pace we wouldn't finish under 30 minutes. Jody eventually got sick of my nagging her to pick up the pace and she told me to go ahead. I crossed the finish line at 27:10. Jody made it in at 32:30. The last time I ran this run I finished in 25:55. So I am slipping a bit. Looks like I will have to get my butt in gear for the next one.
After the race we headed down to Leff's Luckytown for some green beer. I met up with Erin and Pretzel there, they always have a big group to join them there after the run. And I have to say, often times there group gets a little out of hand. Here they are doing the Shot Ski.

This is the beer slamming contest. I know it is shocking but I did not get involved in either the Shot Ski or the beer slamming contest. See how mature I am getting.

Later on Saturday evening I went out to dinner with Chris, Rebecca and company. We were celebrating Rebecca's 40th birthday even though she is only 36. Rebecca is just a couple months older than me, but I always give her a hard time because she is still older than me.

Rebecca with her birthday cake.We went to Fishbones in Delafield. I thought it was pretty good. Here are Ness and Rebecca.Rebecca, Jodi and Chris.

After dinner I stopped by my friend, Bob. Bob and Big Red were just hanging out, I joined them for a while and then we went to a bar for a couple of drinks. It was an action packed Saturday which left me to do nothing but lay on the couch all day Sunday and watch basketball. Just a reminder to my degenerate family and friends who are in my pool, get your picks and money into me by 5:00 Wednesday or sheets will be deleted.

And to add to my normal sign off, THE GENERAL IS A DEADBEAT and MKA handily beat me in the MKA Challenge.

1 comment:

Rodge said...

Thanks for coming out with us Saturday night. You always make the evening more enjoyable. All we needed was one of those shot skis. Thanks again for the hot stick.