Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Goodfellas

Saturday morning I was taking a shower and watching TV. I was flipping through the channels and on AMC "Goodfellas" was on. Easily in my top 5 movies of all time. "Pulp Fiction" is also right up there at the top of the list. Anyhow, my hot water heater isn't big enough for me to watch the whole movie, but the portion that I did see was when Tommy and Jimmy jump Billy Batts in Henry's bar. Arguably the best scene in the movie, where you have a close up of Jimmy (Robert DeNiro) as he is kicking Billy Batts, and his arm is swinging in front of him. I will have to see if I can find that scene on Youtube. Here is a picture for that seen. Look at that face. So great. As they are wrapping Billy Batts in table clothes, Jimmy says to Tommy and Henry, "Look what that mutt did to my shoes." He is mad because the guy that he just killed, or shortly would kill, scuffed his shoes. Like it was Billy Batts' fault.
Here is the scene on Youtube. Note, this is the uneditted version so there are at least 15 F bombs. "Drinks are on the house." watch him deliever that line.

Last night I was at my parent's house helping them butcher some deer. The "Head Boner" , that is me, is back in peak form. I was stripped down to a T-shirt and I was breaking a sweat trying to keep up with everyone. Anyhow, my father who is now a blog reader, asked if the deer cutting would be on the blog. I do requests here on the blog from time to time. So look for those pictures tomorrow. I am predicting that my mom and my brother, Jon, will be less than receptive to having their pictures taken or posted on the blog. So their pictures will show their ture irritation with me. Mark my words and wait for the pictures.

3 comments:

Bubs said...

I like: Tommy- "Sorry I got blood on your floor."

Rickie Davies said...

I would like to correct myself, I counted 24 F-bombs.

Three other great lines.
Billy Batts: "Come here ya like prick ya."

Jimmy: "Drinks are on the house." Watch him deliever that line. So great.

And the most shocking line from Billy Bats: "I F'ed kids like that in the can in the ass."

Anonymous said...

yeezy
palm angels
kyrie 6 shoes
bape
bapesta shoes
goyard
fear of god hoodie
palm angels hoodie
nike off white
off-white