Thursday, November 05, 2009

This Bothers Me

It wasn't much of an exciting Wednesday. Here are a couple things that crossed my mind.

I stopped at the grocery store to grab something to eat. Maybe is it time to take another depressing picture of my fridge. It was a little after 5:00 p.m. when I got to the store, so the check out lines were 3 to 4 people deep. I like the self checkout lanes, especially when I do "big" grocery shopping so I can have my MP3 player on while I shop and I don't have to talk to anyone. The only bad thing about the self checkout lane is I always have a problem with produce, I always get illegal item in the bagging area error. But back to last night, I am standing in line and behind a woman who is only using one hand to scan everything. She finishes scanning everything and her total was $12.35. She then proceeded to insert 13 singles. Are you kidding me? Just put a $20 in, what is the big deal about having to get rid of all your small bills. I don't know why, but I get very frustrated standing in line at the check out lane at the grocery store. Here is another scene that maybe you have experienced. I have been in line at the real checkout line with the cashier, and something rings up wrong. They are just about to start scanning my food, when the person who was in line before me is reviewing her receipt and noticed that they didn't take off $0.10 for the pizza rolls they just purchased. Then it is a 2 minute ordeal to get that $0.10 to the customer. Most times I feel like throwing $1 at the person and saying "It is $0.10!!! My time is worth more than that. There are you happy, now get out of the way." Anyone else ever experience this?

I watched some of the World Series. Here is something that has been bothering me for a while with baseball. Do teams actually have lip readers on their payroll? Is it really necessary to cover your mouth when a manager or catcher goes out to the mound? Is there anything that they are talking about, that even if the hitter knew what they were talking about, that it would be beneficial to the hitter? I don't think so. I watch baseball, many times when the catch goes out to the mound it is to talk about changing the signal. The only person who could even benefit knowing that would be if, "IF", someone is on second. And what is the manager going to say when he is out there. "How are you feeling? Can you get this guy out? I will let you get this guy and then I am going to pull you for the next batter." Aren't most manager's conversations with the pitcher about how they are feeling? How is that a matter of interest to the hitter? I guess I could see if the pitcher say "I don't know skip, my curve ball just isn't breaking like it should." But still is the hitter going to able to read that off of the pitchers lips from 60'-6" away? I highly doubt it. Stop covering your mouths!!

I think that is all that bothered me yesterday. I am hoping to get up my "garage video" up tomorrow.

No comments: