Friday, February 26, 2010

House Update

Here is an update on the house. This is MKA's room. He moved in on Monday.
This is the before picture.This is after. I got both bedrooms carpeted on Monday. And on Friday the carpeting is going down in the living room. That should complete the first floor of the house. And that will put the completion on remodeling on every room of the first floor.

I wasn't real crazy about the color of this room. As you may remember, it was black before. Now it is lavender. For some reason this was the color that I picked out for the basement, but I hated it once I put it on the walls. I had 4 gallons of it. So I used it as a primer to go over the black. It took 4 coats, but it finally covered the black. I think it looks just OK now. I think the trim and crown molding make it look better. I wished I had gone with a color that stood out more, like the Lincoln Bedroom.I told MKA that I would get the beads up for the closet, but he told me not to worry about it. I have quickly learned that the beaded closet door is just annoying when you walk in and out of the closet. But they are also $80 cheaper than a 6 panel door.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks great rickie! nice work.

Anonymous said...

hello!,I really like your writing very so much! share we be in contact more
approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert in this space to unravel my problem.

May be that is you! Having a look forward to look you.


my web page - total stranger