Thursday, February 18, 2010

Peace and Quiet

It has just been a week of relaxing and recovering for me. I have been feeling pretty good. I go for a walk twice a day and I haven't been having any problems with that. But sitting or standing for an extended period of time is still a bit bother some. I am sure you are wondering what I have been doing with my time. Watching a lot of TV and a lot of Olympics. Here are some observations I have made:

One of the luge riders was nicknamed "The Cannibal" because he was cool as ice as he went down the luge course. Wouldn't they call him "The Cannibal" because he eats human meat?

I like watching the short track speed skating, but why do they have different lengths. It is the same in every race, they wait until the last 2 laps and then really start to try. Why not just have one race and get it over with?

ESPN, why do you show women's basketball scores on your ticker? I have no problem with women sports, but be honest, no one cares if LSU beat Georgia in women's basketball. All it does is confuse people who are looking for the men's score. Sure that is a sexist remark but it is true.

The Marriage Ref, a new show on NBC will be horrible.

The NBA Slam Dunk Contest during All Star weekend, get rid of it until you can get some players who aren't the 11th or 12th man on the bench to participate. Also the "H-O-R-S-E" game, get rid of that too. Both are painful to watch.

Going back to the luge in the Olympics. One announcer stated that this rider wore his emotions on his sleeve. First it is the luge, other than being scared is there any other emotion? Not to mention the guy is wearing a helmet, I don't think the term "emotions on his sleeve" is applicable if you can't see the person's face.

Staying on the luge, who in their right mind says to himself, "Wow, that luge is really fun. You go really fast, it is dangerous, it is such a rush. But you know what would make it more fun? If I could get another person to lay on top of me while going down the track!!!" Double luge, how did that get started?

I think Speed Skaters look really funny when they start.

I really like the skiing, also the snow cross event in both skiing and snowboarding. But I have found that watching the women as opposed to the men is much better. Why? Because the women fall more often. The snow cross event where 4 people race to the bottom, in nearly every women's heat I saw, at least one person fell. Oh and did you see that woman in the downhill from Sweden fall. I know what the feeling feels like.

Lastly, men's figure skating. Again how do you become a men's figure skater. You just don't like hockey? And what father would hope for his son to become a figure skater rather than play hockey? "My son is a hell of a skater and that puck just gets in the way, so he is going into figure skating."

No comments: