Monday, February 22, 2010

Integrity in Question

The Hall of Fame. There are many Hall of Fames, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Rock'n'Roll, etc. I have been to the last three. Impressive? Yes some were. I thought the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame was disappointing. But here is another Hall of Fame, the Laser Hall of Fame. It is the Hall of Fame from my high school. Now settle down and relax, I am not saying that I should be in the Hall of Fame. I don't even think I should have a blog. I was recently made aware of a former classmate and close friend who is getting inducted into the Laser Hall of Fame. And that is my good friend, Paul Krumrich, Krum as most of you know him by.

Yep, this is the guy. Here is the article I found about the Hall of Fame induction of one Paul Krumrich. Now I don't want to come off as jealous. I have known Krum for a long time, generally speaking I think he gets what he deserves. I am just trying to figure out why he is getting inducted. The article really doesn't say. The best that I can figure out is that it is a combination of owning his own business, running a triathlon and writing poetry. I will give all the credit in the world regarding his business and completing the ironman.


Number one, I don't have enough confidence in myself to attempt to own my own business. I think it is a huge gamble and comes with more unseen headaches that you can imagine, no matter what type of business it is.


Number two, completing an ironman triathlon. I am some idea on how difficult completing that kind of race would be. I have done sprint triathlons, but I would never dream of attempting a full ironman. And not only did Krum complete the triathlon, but he placed very high beating some competitors who were professional.


But as for this poetry crap. I have a link to his blog on my site, but for some reason I have been unable to access it. Here is the link, maybe it will work for you. From what I have seen, his blog entries have been few and far between in recent months. And well, let's just say that his poems don't do it for me.


I do have to give Krum some credit for the fact that he doesn't even know why he was nominated.


"Krumrich thinks being selected for the Hall of Fame is 'cool' even though he isn't sure why he was nominated. 'I assume it's like giving Obama the Nobel,' said Krumrich. 'It's for what they expect him to do, not what he's done. I don't feel like I've done anything.'"


So good for Krum, at least he is keeping himself grounded in the face of achievement. As the article states, the induction ceremony will be March 12th. I am assuming that it will be at the high school. I will make sure that I am in attendance.

4 comments:

Bubs said...

Now he gets to put (HOF)after his name on his business cards!

Anonymous said...

We shit bigger then guys like Krum in the Braveland Conference.

Paul Krumrich said...

I don't have much to say about that, what I can say is that I played varsity tennis with joe randa, and he is in, what did he ever do that I didn't......

rickie see you in a few weeks.

if you can beat me at ping pong, you can have my VIP HOF KMHS card.

Anonymous said...

so when does Ehrgott get in? He's a legend in those parts.

-borky