Friday, February 05, 2010

Old Time Hockey, Like Eddie Shore

What is on the schedule for the weekend? Well the big event of the weekend for me is the Badger Hockey Game at Camp Randall. Outdoor hockey. It should be fun and the weather should be cooperative. I am going with a group that my buddy, Gibby, is putting together. I met Gibby through my old roommate, Joe. Joe is also a very loyal blog reader and will also be in attendance on Saturday. It should be interesting. I don't know how big our group is, but I am sure we will be hitting at least one of the many Madison area watering holes before / after the game. This should be another big test for my main New Years Resolution. To date, I have yet to have a drop of alcohol this year. A while back I was looking to buy a Charlestown Chiefs jersey, but never pulled the trigger. I really wish I had one for this weekend.
I was going to put a bunch of Slap Shot quotes up but most of them were laced with profanity.
I think Slap Shot is my favorite hockey movie of all time. I don't know how many hockey movies there are. The only ones that come to mind are "Miracle" (which I never saw) and "Youngblood". Are there any other hockey movies out there that I am missing? Oh, "Mighty Ducks", I never saw that one either.
Anyhow here are a couple quotes I could post.
Reggie Dunlop: What are you guys doing?
Steve Hanson: Puttin' on the foil!
Jeff Hanson: Every game!
Jack Hanson: Yeah, you want some?
Steve Hanson: [to Ogie Ogilthorpe] Hi Ogie. Buy you a soda after the game?
Jeff Hanson: Get me a grape and an orange, and none of that stinking rootbeer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can already hear ""RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM" as the background music right now.

-borky

Anonymous said...

What about Happy Gilmore? He always said he was a hockey player.
Tree