Monday, February 14, 2011

Good Morning

It was an OK weekend for me. How about that weather on Sunday? Well February is nearly half over and that means I am only weeks away from turning the water back on to my second shower head. And once that happens that means I am back to living like a king and warm weather is soon to follow.

Friday night I literally had nothing planned. I had a couple of options. It had been a while since I had Crawdaddy's, so I ordered takeout. An order of each of the following: crawtails, brown rice, carrots, and lobster mash potatoes. Mix it up in a bowl and it is a little slice of heaven here on earth. I was going to go to a movie, it was going to be either Sanctum in 3D (it really doesn't look that great of a movie, but I do love 3D movies), or I was going to be real mature and go see True Grit and then sneak into see The Fighter afterwards, a sort of double feature for the price of one. But I actually did neither, Nate gave me a call and he was meeting Eric out after Eric had finished dinner with his wife. They both wanted to play some Golden Tee. We ended up going to Fantatics in the 3rd Ward. The place was very dead for a Friday night. No more than 3 or 4 minutes after we walked in, one of the Captain Morgan Morganettes, Heather, came up to talk to us. She asked to get a picture with us and then for us to vote for her in some contest. If you want to vote here is the link, it is something of a NCAA tournament of Morganettes. I actually had my camera with me so I had them take a picture with my camera as well. Here it is:

Nate has the Captain stance down, I got my knee a little too high. While waiting for Eric to show up, Nate and I got in 18 holes on Golden Tee. They had a newer machine. Like the one below on the right. I am used to playing on the old ones, like the one on the left.On the older machines, your hand normally glides over the ball and then slams into the monitor. Both Nate and I did the same thing on our first tries, where we were used to being stopped by the monitor, but as you can see from the pictures, there was nothing to stop us and both of us nearly flipped over the stupid thing the first time. When Eric showed up an hour later, I had my camera out and recording thinking that Eric would do the same thing, but unfortunately he must have played on one of the newer ones and learned. Sadly that was my Friday evening playing video games at a bar until 1 in the morning. I also got sucked into the Terminator game that you can kind of see behind Nate in the top picture. I think it got me for $6 or $7. I will get to Saturday and Sunday later this week.

Oh and I almost forgot, Happy Valentines Day to all of you lovers out there. I hope you get lucky tonight.

3 comments:

Bubs said...

You should see and review True Grit. It was excellent.

Anonymous said...

Richard,
I would recommend Megamind or Despicable Me, as I only see childrens movies at this point in my life.
Tree

Rickie Davies said...

Bubs, I will plan on catching True Grit this weekend. Andy takers out there wish to join me, let me know.

Tree, I will use your recommendations when I take my nieces and nephews to the movies.