Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is This Story Boring?

As I mentioned early this week, I spoke with my sister in law, Jody, over the weekend and she told me my blog was boring. Tell me something I don't know. But I doubt that she will find this little story boring. I also doubt that she will find it amusing.
Following up on yesterday's post, I was at Hollywood and Princess' basketball games. Afterwards we were talking in the parking lot about going somewhere for lunch. I mentioned that I would like to go to the Picnic Basket since I was out in the area and it is probably my favorite place for a sub. Jody's reaction to my suggestion was fairly negative. She wanted to go to Panera Bread for a sandwich. I tried to explain to Jody that the Picnic Basket has sandwiches. But she said she wanted to have a hot sandwich. I only get the Bomber (which is a cold sub) when I got to the Picnic Basket, so I am not all that familiar with the remainder of the menu. My argument was shot down even though I thought I made a pretty strong case that you could get a sandwich at the Picnic Basket. I left the conversation telling Dan that he was a much better man than me and agreed to go to Panera Bread with them. You can only imagine my disappointment when we got to Panera Bread at the intersection of I-94 and STH 83 in the middle of a beautiful Saturday afternoon and the place was so busy that there wasn't even a table to sit at. Imagine that, weird. Enter option #2, the Picnic Basket. When we got there we got the entire back room to ourselves. As for Jody's hot sandwich that she wanted, she went with the enchiladas. Again, Dan you are a much better man than me.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to my world Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes this story is boring.
Jody

Bubs said...

Panera is a chick place with "non-threatening" crappy food. It cannot even compare to the Picnic Basket. I take my bomber with Turkey (x2) and Bacon, Provolone Cheese (x2), extra mayo, no pickles, no tomatoes. I'm pretty sure I don't have to leave my name when I order, they know who it's for. However, the new owner is a total Melvin, which makes me want to go there less.

Anonymous said...

Panera is NOT a chick place, I love the food. On a scale of 1-10 I would give Panera a 8 and Picnic basket a 4.5 - 10 being great.

Jody

Rickie Davies said...

Your world sucks and I will never put myself in a position to be in that kind of world.

Anonymous said...

PB triumphs over owners!
Tree

Anonymous said...

Panera.

Rickie Davies said...

Riddle me this Jody, Who has better enchiladas, Panera or the Picnic Basket?

Anonymous said...

I have to echo Rickie and Preston's comments. If you have not been to the Picnic Basket then you are missing out. If I do find myself around 16 and Cty C I need to stop by and pick up sub.

If I was given a choice of Panera and the Picnic Basket, I will go to the Picnic Basket.

Roman

Anonymous said...

I enjoy Panera. But there is no Picnic Basket in Mpls.

-borky

Bubs said...

I will bet that anybody who comments that they think panera is better than the PB is either a woman, or has not been to the PB.

Anonymous said...

Rickie, I had to order an enchilada because there was nothing else I would have ordered off the menu. Panera, I have lots to choose from.

P.S- My world RULES
Jody