Sunday, February 27, 2011

Favorite Day of the Year

I had a posting a while back with my favorite day of the year. I tried to look for the posting but I couldn't find it. Anyhow, I don't think I had this day on there, but it should have been. And that day is today. For today is the day that I turned the water back on to the second shower head in my bathroom. As any loyal reader knows, in the past I have had plumbing issues in the past in my bathroom. When I remodeled my bathroom years ago, I put in a second shower head in the shower. But due to the fact that I live in Wisconsin, and that the second shower head is on an exterior wall, in the past the waterlines have froze and cracked resulting in water free flowing through my walls. After the first incident, I installed some shut off switches and I have the water shut off to the second shower head from about mid December to March. My experience has shown that when the temperature gets down to about 10 degrees, I have some freezing issues. I am fairly confident that we are done with over night temps around 10 degrees. The shower head is back on and for 5 minutes every morning, I am not just a normal everyday person, but rather I live like a king. Spring I am happy to see you.

No comments: