Thursday, April 28, 2011

Another Easter Memory

Here is the last of my Easter memories. It is hard to believe that I have that many memories. This one goes back to my college days. Another Easter tradition was going to Easter Sunday morning sunrise service, which began at 6:00 a.m. The evening before I had been out with some friends at a local drinking establishment, I doubt I put my pretty little head down on my pillow much before 3 in the morning. Being that I was staying at my parent’s house that weekend, I felt the obligation to go with my parents to church. Three hours later, I managed to pry myself from my bed, get myself looking respectable and went to the church. I sat in the first pew with my parents, my head pounding, my saliva glands working overtime, and my stomach doing somersaults. After making it through the service, it was on to the traditional Easter breakfast at the church. My parents and I grabbed a table with me making little to no small talk while waiting for breakfast to be served. I just sat there contemplating that if I did have something to eat, if it would stay down. That is when my father saved the day. I don’t remember the exact wording but he said something to the effect of, “You know you really don’t look too good, why don’t you just back home. We will get a ride home from someone.”, and gave me the car keys. My parents don’t live much more than 2 miles away from the church. It you timed me from when the cars keys hit my hand to me in bed, it would have been less than 10 minutes, probably closer to 5.

No comments: