Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nascar and Dinosaurs

Here is a dream I had the other night. I am at someone’s house, it is a person I know but can’t remember who that person is. I am in their home theater room. There is a huge screen at the front of the room and there are 3 rows of 15 red velvet movie chairs. Everything else in the room is also red, the carpet, walls, etc. The movie we are watching is a Nascar movie starting Will Ferrell as the driver and Bradley Cooper is the pit crew chief, however the movie is not Talladega Nights. About half way through the movie, I realize that I am no longer watching the movie, but part of it. Will Ferrell brought his car into the pits, and popped the hood. Bradley Cooper and I are looking under the hood, and he shows me how to flip a switch and immediately the car is faster. But it is well know that flipping the switch is illegal. Our team’s rival is another car driven by a very good looking girl, and their pit crew is also a bunch of very good looking girls. Will Ferrell ends up just beating the rival team for 3rd place, passing them just before the finish line. After the race our race car and that of our rival, are parked in my parent’s driveway where both teams are working on the car. While working on the car Bradley Cooper and I are literally standing at a drawing board going over some car designs. He pulls out a pen to make some notes on the design, but his pen doesn’t work. He grabs another pen, but that pen also doesn’t work. Seeing Bradley Cooper is having trouble finding a working writing utensil, I give him a red pen from my pocket that works. I then excuse myself to use the bathroom. When I get into the bathroom I see that someone from our rival’s team had put their pet dinosaur in there. It was one of those little Compsognathus dinosaurs that stand about a foot tall, and it was orange. And it kept nipping at me as I walked into the bathroom. Then I woke up.