Thursday, April 21, 2011

Skiing Update

This past weekend I was in Utah for some skiing. I got into Salt Lake City Thursday night. Friday, Russ and I headed to Brighton for some skiing. In the parking lot we started to get dressed but when I pulled my skis out of my ski bag, I noticed that one ski had de-laminated. See look at the picture.I went and rented some demo skis and to the lift we went. On the third run of the day, we headed down a double black diamond. Here is a picture we had taken before embarking down the double black diamond.At the end of the run, I fell and popped my shoulder out. But fear not, it went back in and I was fine. We got in 4 hours of skiing on Friday. Here is the view at Brighton.At the end of the day, I decided to just buy the demo skis that I had rented. I figured that I was going to be skiing two more days and I would easily blow $100 on renting skis. Plus these skis and bindings retailed for $900 last year, and I got them for $300. Even though I broke my skis and dislocated my shoulder, it was still a really good day of skiing. Once we got back down into Salt Lake City we made a stop to the State owned liquor store. Check it out, a home wrecker of Jameson for $51.99 what a deal!That evening we went out for dinner with a group of people that Russ and Amanda go to school with. Saturday, Russ and I headed to The Canyons. It was pretty warm out and the snow wasn’t good at all. My skis kept sticking. It felt like when you are in 3rd gear in your car and instead of shifting to 4th, you accidentally go back into 2nd. Russ and I even took the gondola down the mountain rather than ski down it, the snow was that bad. Saturday afternoon, Russ and I took their dog, Stuart, to a dog park. Here I am with Stuart.Here is Stuart getting a little action. No lie, this little black lab mounted Stuart easily 50 times while we were at the dog park.Stuart cutting a deuce.Saturday evening, we went to a cookout with some more of Russ and Amanda’s classmates. Sunday Russ and I attempted to ski at Snowbird, but after arriving to the ski resort where it was 45 degrees and drizzling, we went and talked to one of the ski patrol members, who said that the conditions weren’t too good and would only get worse. Rather than dropping $60 on a lift ticket, we headed back down the mountain and we went to see “True Grit”. After the movie it was off to the airport. I had a layover in Denver and my second flight got delayed an hour, I ended up not getting home until 1:00 a.m. Monday morning. I want to thank Russ and Amanda for letting me come and visit. While it wasn’t the best ski trip, it still was a good time. And the weather all weekend in Salt Lake was great, sunny and in the mid 60’s.

No comments: