Friday, April 29, 2011

Over 50 Friend Font Format

At work I go to a number of meetings. Quite often I bring a spreadsheet or two to present information. More often than not, I am squeezing as much information as possible into these spreadsheets, and I always try to get everything on one sheet of paper. This often leaves the print on the page to be in a small font. Recently some of the older staff have complained about the size of the font on my spreadsheets. This has led me to adjusting my spreadsheets to maximize the font size and I have coined the phrase “Over 50 Friendly Font Format”, for those spreadsheets. For example, now at the office you can hear a conversation that resembles the following:
Supervisor: “Hey Rickie, can you bring a copy of that TPS report to the Change Management meeting today?”
Me: “Not a problem. Do you want that in Over 50 Friendly Font Format?”
Supervisor: “Of course, otherwise I won’t be able to read it.”

No comments: