Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nothing

Well it looks like the US had their chance to advance to the knockout round in the World Cup and they blew it. From what I heard, they played a decent game, but got some bad breaks. It will be another 4 long years until the next World Cup. But I honestly don't think they deserved to move on, after all they did only score one goal in three games.

My postings have been a little none existent as of late. Mainly because I don't have a lot going on right now. I have recently turned back into "Mr. Fitness", so I have been trying to get myself back into shape. It has been pretty much a daily routine of working, grabbing something to eat, catch some TV, then work out, come home and sleep. I have never really known too many really healthy people to lead very exciting lives. The price you pay. In fact my life has been so boring lately, then whenever Freeway calls me, I actually sit and talk to him until he decides he wants to hang up. I actually listened to him talk about NBA trades for nearly 15 minutes. For instance, he informed me that their is a 3 team, 9 player deal in the works involving Guard Kobe Bryant, Guard/Forward LeBron James and Forward/Center Kevin Garrnet. For those of you who don't know who Freeway is, he is pictured here. Back when Nate lived with me, we were out at the bars and stopped at Oakland Gyros and ran into Freeway there. We ended up giving him a ride home and Nate gave him his business card which had our home phone number on the back of it, and Freeway has been calling ever since. It is widely believed that Freeway is in love with Nate.

But I am expecting my life to pick up a little bit with Summerfest around the corner. I am going the first two nights to both Pearl Jam shows. And then the next two nights (Saturday and Sunday) I am going to both Dave Matthews shows. 4 concerts in 4 nights. There has got to be at least one story in there somewhere. Time will tell. Anyhow, my friend Lisa has informed me that she has some extra tickets, 1 for Saturday's show and 2 for Sunday's show. So if you are interested, leave me a posting and I will forward it along to Lisa.

This weekend I am helping Nate put in a patio door. Hopefully things go well. I am getting a new digital camera today after work. So I should have some pictures of me standing around making smart ass remarks as everyone else is working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicken what do you mean nothing exciting going on!!? your wifey is hatching a lil chicken soon..where are you working?

Anonymous said...

Thanks - a week later I just saw you had posted that I had extra tix for Dave Matthews. Now I wish I had used those Sunday tix for myself!