Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend Update

My weekend didn’t get off to all that great of a start. I was running some errands and listening to the Brewer game. They were up 6-0. I was thinking “What a great way to start off the weekend, with the Brewers winning.” I stopped at Home Depot and picked up my screen door that was on order. I got home around 8:30, and I had a pretty busy Saturday, so I decided to install the door while also watching the remainder of the Brewer game. Well the Brewers managed to give up there 6-0 lead and lost 10-6. This debacle preoccupied me while working on the door and I didn’t finish it until 11:00. Yes 2.5 hours to install a door, but as I said I was spending a lot of time swearing at the TV. Saturday I got good deal of time in on the couch checking out the World Cup games. I think I caught some of each game all weekend. Saturday night was my cousin, Megan’s wedding reception. She got married back in Feb, and the Wisconsin reception was on Saturday. It was a great time. Check out the pictures below. However I did have two issues with the evening. One, the groom’s step father gave a speech that was well bad. I have given my fair of speeches at weddings, most without being prompted. But in giving a speech I know that there are some rules. #1. Keep it short. 3 minutes max. I didn’t get a time on this one, but I will say it was well over the 5 minute mark. #2. Memorize your speech. If what you have is that important to say, it shouldn’t be that hard to memorize. But if you must use notes, try to get them on one page. 3 pages, as was the case Saturday is absolutely uncalled for. #3. If you get your punch lines / jokes from an email, chances are most people in the audience have already heard it. #4. Don’t swear. I don’t recall a specific swear in this speech, but I do know that he was toeing the line with some questionable language. #5. To steal a line from Seinfeld, use some showmanship. Go off on a high note. Never end you speech, by turning to the DJ and saying “How about playing some music?” Which leads me to the other downer on the evening, the DJ was a total toolbox. Here is a note to anyone who ever DJ’s, if no one is dancing your choice of music probably isn’t the greatest. A second suggestion to any DJ’s, just because it is a request doesn’t mean it should be played. I am reminded of my brother, Jeff’s wedding, when one of his high school football cronies, requested the DJ to play Bad Company by Bad Company so that they could remember the Championship Season. That was a great way to clear the dance floor. Sunday was a rough morning for me. But I finished the weekend off with a graduation party that I went to with my friends Chris and Rebecca. Later that night my brother, Jon had a party as his two brother-in-laws were in town and will be for the rest of the week. Actually Wed – Friday I will be with this group in the Wisconsin Dells. I can only hope that I get thrown out of the go-kart track again. And just so I don’t get any rude comments back, my sister-in-law, Julie who is married to Jon also threw the party.

Here is Table 5 once again. Although this time I did get to sit with them. This led to the renaming of the table to Table 12. Sort of like the name of any plane carring the president is called "Air Force One" any table I am at is Table 12.

Here is my cousin Kim and new cousin Katie kissing. Somehow our family weddings are slowly turning into a "Girls Gone Wild" episode.

Here is "Girls Gone Wild Family Weddings Vol. 2" My sister in law Jodi and Cousin Andrea.

If you have ever been at a wedding with me, then you have seen this before. Me doing the worm. Everytime I do it, I swear it is the last time I do it. And then a couple weeks later I get an invitation for a wedding and I get drunk and do it all over again. As you can see the dance floor was packed.

My cousin Megan and her dad, Uncle Tom, aka Unk.

Here are two dicks hanging out in the bathroom, they are attached to my brother in law, Tim and my uncle Dave.

My aunt Sandy and Unk with my brother Jeff in the back ground. I like this picture because Jeff is normally a bit on the more reserved side. And here he is doing something semi moronic, like I would do. But if it were me, Sandy and Tom would be expecting it.

Andrea, Katie and myself.

My nephews swimming over at Julie's house.

No comments: