Friday, June 23, 2006

The Results Are In

Lately I have been going home for lunch. It is nice because I live not even 5 minutes from work, and I get an hour for lunch. As I was leaving my house today, I got a letter informing me that I passed my Principles and Practice of Engineering Exam. It took them 2 months to grade, but apparently it was worth it. I am now a Professional Engineer. And I will probably also be hung over tomorrow morning.

For those of you who know me, I think you will find this very amusing, but here is the definition of what a Professional Engineer is:

A professional engineer is a person who by reason of his or her knowledge of mathematics, the physical sciences and the principles of engineering, acquired by professional education and practical experience, is qualified to engage in the practice of professional engineering.
The practice of professional engineering includes any professional service requiring the application of engineering principles and data, in which the public welfare or the safeguarding of life, health or property is concerned and involved, such as consultation investigation, evaluation, planning, design, or responsible supervision of construction, alteration, or operation, in connection with any public or private utilities, structures, projects, bridges, plants and buildings, machines, equipment, processes and works.
A person offers to practice professional engineering if the person by verbal claim, sign, advertisement, letterhead, card or in any other way represents himself or herself to be a professional engineer; or who holds himself or herself out as able to practice professional engineering.
No person may practice professional engineering in Wisconsin unless the person has been duly registered as a professional engineer. In order to qualify as a professional engineer in Wisconsin, applicants must have the education and experience, and pass the examination or examinations, as indicated below. Further details regarding these criteria can be found in Chapter 443 of the Wisconsin Statutes and A-E 4 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You like to joke but we all know this was really big for you. Gordy and I are so proud of you. Way to go Rickie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rickie!!!