Monday, March 26, 2007

New Years Resolution Updates

We are nearly a quarter of the way through the year and I thought that I would give you an update on my New Years Resolutions and let you know how they are coming along. First I am still keeping with one of my resolutions from last year. It has been 15 months and I am still free of fast food. The closest I have been to eating fast food, is no more than the handful of times that I have been to either Subway, Quiznos, and/or Culvers. I haven’t even had the urge to stop in at a McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell.
On to this years resolutions, I have four banned food substances. Candy, I accidentally have a peppermint candy after a lunch at work and spit it out right after I realized that it was candy in my mouth. Soda, I had a sip of someone’s soda when I was down in Mexico. Otherwise the only soda I have had is in mixed drinks. French Fries, I have been clean on the fries. And they are tempting because they are always on my plate when I go out to eat. But I have yet to have one this year. Doritos and potato chips, I had a handful of baked Doritos when I was skiing in Wausau. And I have made the clarification that nachos as well as chips and salsa do not fall into this category. I waver a little bit but not too bad. In fact I was at my first cook out of the year Saturday night, and there was a bowl of Doritos and I didn't have a single chip.
And now I have Red Bull and Vodka added to my banned substance list. All in all, I think I am doing pretty well on these resolutions, which results directly into eating better. And makes me a healthy person. At least physically healthier. My mental health is another topic all together.

No comments: