Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Random Thoughts

This came to me this morning on my drive into work. If you ever get the opportunity to see Preston Klink do interpretive dance to any Dave Matthews song, don't pass it up. Normally it is best if Preston has a couple drinks in him, but he did it last year at the Freeman Party and as anyone who was there will tell you it was hilarious.

Newt Gingrich wanted to know my political views. The absolute truth, I couldn't care less about politics. The fact is, I rarely ever vote. I know, people have died protecting my right to vote, but they also died for my right to make the decision not to vote. In the big picture of things, I really don't believe that my vote counts. That being said, I have never gripped about politics. I realize by failing to vote, I lose my right to complain about what happens in the political arena and that is fine with me. I would rather discuss feminine hygiene products and ballet than politics. So much for my political views.

The General wanted some more information on how Lupe came to be. I honestly wish I had more to give you. But I really don't remember much of that evening. One minute the four of us are sitting around the bar having drinks and maybe just a shot or two of tequila. The next, I am pushing Chris to ground and jumping into the tattoo chair and telling myself that pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Here is something that really impresses me about Minnesota. They do not screw around when it comes to snow removal. They bring in the big guns. Shopping center parking lots are cleared with front end loaders, I even saw a grader out on the streets this past week. My own town house complex uses skid loaders to remove the snow.

This weekend I will be home in Milwaukee. I am hoping to get a sheepshead game together for Saturday afternoon around 2:00 p.m. Anyone interested should get a hold of me.

Also this weekend, actually Saturday morning I am doing the Blarney 5K run. The Pretzel is the only person who has replied to my invitation of doing the run with me. The last 5K run that I did was the Bastille Days run. My time was 27:57. This weekend I am looking to break the 25 minute mark. Here is a poll.
What will my time be this weekend?
24 minutes
25 minutes
26 minutes
27 minutes and 57 seconds
Over sleep and not make the race
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Oh and Saturday night, Saturday is looking to be a busy day for me, I am getting together with my cousins for a night out drinking. That should be interesting. Look for some quality pictures from this coming weekend. As normally is the case when the cousins get together and drink, the girls usually end up kissing each other. Weird.

No comments: