Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wedgie Fever

This is a story that I have tried to block out of my memory for years, and I forgot what trigger this memory but I thought I would share it with my readers. It was the fall of 1987, I was a skinny freshman in high school and I was on the freshman soccer team. I doubt I was much over 5' - 5" and 130 lbs. I know this because at the time Steve Nevermann seemed like a giant to me. My brother, Jon, was a senior and captain and eventual MVP of the varsity soccer team. The three soccer teams all practiced on two soccer fields all next to each other. Early into the season all of the teams had practice after school and we were all milling about on the practice fields before practice began. By this time in the season the entire varsity soccer team knew who I was because of my brother. The freshman team was on one side of a field and the varsity on the other. I am going to say that this idea was the brain child of my brother good friends, Steve Nevermann and Kris Darragh. I was just getting ready for practice and suddenly the entire varsity came charging across the field screaming "Davies is getting a wedgie!!!" It took a second or two to comprehend this, and then I just took off running. Due to the discrepancy in size, it didn't take long for the whole varsity team to catch up to me. At which point they tackled me to the ground and pulled the band of my underwear up and over my head. Traumatic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had it coming. You must of said something stupid or look at the wrong person the wrong way! Applause out to Nevermann and Darragh wherever he may be!

Anonymous said...

Did big brother Jon have a helping hand in this?

Anonymous said...

Want me to teach you Photoshop sometime?

borky

Anonymous said...

Ha! I got a few hanging ones when on the wrestling team in high school. There is nothing more humbling than being hung on a coat hook in the locker room by your briefs. Kind afunny now. Are wedgies still around?

Anonymous said...

Travis Scott Jordan
jordan shoes
goyard handbags
kyrie 9
goyard bags